Since you are visiting our website, we bet you are someone who is curious about people and what motivates them, a challenge seeker, and one who loves to learn new ways of doing things. In other words … you’re in advertising! And, whether you’re a professional or just starting out, we have much to offer you as a member.
AAF Birmingham is the local affiliate of the American Advertising Federation. As the “Unifying Voice for Advertising,” AAF is the trade association that represents 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry. AAF’s national network includes 130 corporate members, 210 ad clubs and 210 college chapters. AAF Birmingham has been recognized on both the district and national levels for its outstanding service to the advertising community. We urge you to consider joining our award-winning organization!
What AAF Birmingham offers:
- Industry knowledge and education through informative speakers at meetings and seminars
- Opportunities to exchange ideas and network with your peers in the Birmingham ad community
- Creative recognition through the American Advertising Federation Awards (ADDYs)
- Student scholarships, community outreach projects, public service campaigns
- Recognition of professional achievement and service to the community through the Silver Medal Award & the Ten Awards
- A Job Center where employers can post jobs and members can post resumes
- Protection of your advertising interests both in Alabama and in the nation’s capital through the American Advertising Federation, the lobbying arm of the industry
- AAF Birmingham members are automatically members of the American Advertising Federation, entitling them to generous discounts and services
- Social events offering you the opportunity to meet other advertising/marketing people
We also welcome you to contribute “hands-on” time. Here’s the scoop: you get to work with fun, intelligent professionals and help support the Birmingham advertising community…what could be more fulfilling?