The Position The Communications Director of the Birmingham Kiwanis Club reports to the Executive Director and works under the guidance of a communications executive on the Club’s Communications Committee. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Working with the Communications Committee to formulate and execute a comprehensive communications plan to support the Club’s mission, increase awareness and elevate the Club’s brand presence as the Club celebrates its 100th Anniversary and beyond.
- Writing and distributing press releases and other media materials to promote the Club’s activities, special events and community outreach efforts.
- Developing a social media strategy including content strategy to engage Club followers and fans, as well as social media monitoring and management.
- Implementing the Club’s digital initiatives, including weekly e-blasts (using existing email software) and social media outreach (including, but not limited to, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc.).
- Managing the Club’s website (writing and updating relevant sections, and posting Club news and events).
- Cultivating relationships with influential bloggers and online communities, identifying influencers and relevant voices.
- Actively supporting awareness of the Club’s initiatives and events across all platforms with robust, creative PR plans and tactics.
- Serving as the primary liaison with the media, arranging interviews and responding to inquiries.
- Serving as “the keeper of the brand,” promoting and protecting brand awareness to ensure the highest-quality presentation of all aspects of the Club’s overarching mission.
- Providing regular updates to the Communications Committee on digital impact, using Google, Facebook and other analytics or metrics.
- Working with other Club committee chairs on cross-promotional activities to promote the organization.
- Managing other assignments as requested to support the achievement of the goals outlined above.
Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of marketing communications and social media experience; or, any combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.